Diabetes Care Team
A team approach to help you to manage your diabetes
Diabetes is when blood glucose levels in a person are higher than normal. This occurs when the body does not produce enough insulin or the insulin produced by the body does not work effectively. Uncontrolled diabetes can lead to serious complications. Approximately 90% of Australians who have diabetes have Type 2 diabetes.
This program offers education and advice to help manage diabetes. The team includes:
- Diabetes Nurse Educators
- Health Coaches and Key Workers.
Sessions are provided individually and/or in groups.
We will also work closely with your doctor and/or endocrinologist to ensure that you have the best team based care.
- Diabetes self management education
- Advice about blood glucose testing
- A review of your blood glucose monitoring technique
- A range of blood glucose meters for sale
- Advice regarding exercise
- Nutritional assessment
- Dietary advice
- Foot health checks
- Advice on footcare and footwear
- Advice on managing stress
- Insulin initiation
- Live Well Stay Well with Type 2 diabetes (Group program).