Help your muscles and joints work to their full potential
The physiotherapy team can help you to manage injury and physical problems. The team provides treatment to those with musculoskeletal, neurological and respiratory conditions to help them achieve a better quality of life.
Individual assessment and treatment is provided on a short term basis. We can help you with the problems such as:
- Injuries (including back and neck pain)
- Pain in muscles and joints
- Muscle weakness and joint stiffness
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Mobility problems (including falls)
- Decreased fitness and inactivity
- Chronic respiratory conditions
- Women’s health problems (e.g. incontinence and spinal pain associated with pregnancy).
Within our Physiotherapy service there is a strong emphasis on self-management. Exercises prescribed by your physio play a crucial role in the management of your condition and your program may include a referral to one of our various health and exercise groups.
HEALTH AND EXERCISE GROUPS (click on the group for further information)
- Safe Moves (falls prevention)
- Strong People Stay Young (strength training)
- Pilates for Beginners
- Nordic Walking
- Healthy Changes for Arthritis
- Gentle Exercise – Fitness and Friendship and Staying Active
- Walking Groups
- Respiratory Health – Phase 3: Chronic Obstruction Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Rehabilitation.
For further information on Health and Exercise Groups & Programs at MCHSL click here.