Child & Family Services
Our speech pathology service assists children aged from 0 to 12 years who have difficulties or delays with language and/or communication, including:
- Articulation (production of sounds)
- Receptive language (understanding what other people are saying)
- Expressive language (using words and putting words together to communicate)
- Fluency (stuttering)
- Pragmatics (social rules of language).
- Individual therapy
- Small Group sessions
- Provision of reports
- Family education
- Consultation with other services providers (e.g. schools, kindergartens).
APPOINTMENTS AND REFERRALS
Anyone can refer to this service. Referrals can be made via phone, fax, or electronic referral (email/S2S/Eref).
A GP referral may be required to access some funding streams (eg Medicare Benefits Schedule).
FEES AND FUNDING
Our fees are set on a sliding scale and are designed to support access for all income levels.
Difficulty or inability to pay will not be a barrier to receiving a service.
Services are offered via a range of funding streams which have varying requirements.
Funding options for this service include:
- Community Health
- GP Care Plan – Chronic Disease Management
- Helping Children with Autism
- Full cost covered by the family.
Please click here for more details on fees and funding.
Note: Interpreters can be arranged free of charge.
To enquire about any of our programs please call us on (03) 8841 3000 or